ARDEX AF 236 is an internal acrylic water based pressure sensitive adhesive designed to install carpet tiles and carpet underlay for permanent and semi-permanent applications. ARDEX AF 236 has an excellent coverage when applied using a short nap medium nap roller and has unlimited working time.
• Pressure sensitive adhesive for semi permanent (releasable) carpet tile and underlay installation.
• Can be installed using a 1.6mm “V” notched trowel.
• Excellent initial grab for permanent underlay and carpet tile installation.
• Maximum alkali and plasticiser migration resistance.
• Low VOC – Independently tested to
Green Building Council IEQ-11 and IEQ-13
ARDEX AF 236 is applied with 1.6 V Notch Trowel on all surfaces that are leveled, permanently dry, firm, load-bearing, free from curing compounds, cracks, have a high tensile and compressive strength and are prepared accordingly.
Condition adhesive and floor coverings to working area temperature 24 hours prior to and 48 hours after installation. Installation temperature of working area and substrate to be a minimum of 10˚C and a maximum of 30˚C.
For permanent installation of carpet tile, allow adhesive to set open until it becomes tacky but not dry to the touch. Lay carpet tile into the adhesive. Cut, fit and reposition immediately.
For permanent installation of carpet underlay to the substrate, set carpet underlay into wet adhesive and allow to dry.
For semi permanent (releasable) carpet tile and underlayment installation allow the adhesive to set open until dry to touch, approximately 15-30 minutes. When the adhesive is transparent and dry to the touch, the adhesive will be tacky with no transfer to fingers. Cut, fit and reposition as appropriate.
Roll the floor coverings in both directions with suitable roller as per manufacturer’s recommendations to ensure 100% adhesive contact.
Do not expose to heavy traffic within 48 hours. Do not expose to water from cleaning or other sources for a minimum of 30 days.
Delivery Costs and Timeframes
- Free delivery for orders over 50m2 applies to delivery locations with 50km of a depot in conjunction with order quantity over 50m2,
- Delivery of the products will be affected in the manner described on this website. i.e. Items purchased online will (subject to availability) be dispatched by freight the as soon as practicable after receiving payment for your order (and usually within one (1) business days.
- The purchaser or a legal representative of the purchaser must be on-site to receive the delivery and sign for the goods on the specified date of delivery. If no-one is present on-site to receive the order, goods will not be left unattended and an additional delivery fee will be charged for next attempt of delivery.
- You acknowledge and agree that any person at the delivery address who receives and signs for the delivery is authorised by you.
- The delivery driver will only drop goods within 5m of where the delivery vehicle can safely park for the delivery. Goods will not be carried by hand by the drivers up pathways, stairs or undriveable driveways.
- You or a representative will need to be at the delivery location to help unload.
- If alternative delivery or unloading arrangements are made by you or your representative without our knowledge and/or consent, you will be liable for additional costs incurred.
- We must have a street address for any order submitted. We can’t ship to PO Boxes.
- Risk of loss or damage to the goods passes to you upon delivery.
- Any damaged material must be reported immediately by email or phone to Unideco and photos provided by email within 24hrs to make a claim.
- The customer must take measure to ensure goods are protected from the elements such as rain or flooding and are solely responsible for the goods immediately after delivery has been made.
- We undertake to comply with the terms of our Delivery Policy in relation to ensuring delivery in a timely matter.
- You acknowledge that we are not liable for any losses or damages suffered directly or indirectly by you as a consequence of any delay in dispatch or delivery.
- Only Samples can be delivered without a signature if the purchaser has granted an “Authority to Leave” without signature at the time of checkout. If you grant “Authority to Leave”, you agree that Unideco does not bear any responsibility or liability to you for any consignments that are lost or stolen after our carriers have recorded the parcel as “successfully delivered”.
- Delivery time frame: 3-5 Business days for Metro, 7-10 Business days for Regional areas.
- For Victorian deliveries, we deliver Monday to Friday via freight or courier depending on the delivery location. Once payment for your order is received we or a representative from our freight company will contact you 24hrs prior to delivery to arrange a delivery time.
- For interstate orders, a Freight Company will be used. They will call 24hrs prior to delivery to arrange a delivery time. Unfortunately, we will not be able to guarantee an exact date or time of delivery.
- There may be circumstances out of our control that could delay shipping or delivery. We accept your order on the basis that we cannot be responsible for delays including, but not limited to, delays out of our control. If there are any unexpected delays, we will advise you as soon as we are aware and keep you updated with the status of your order.
- Freight and delivery charges will be notified to you at the time your order is placed, if applicable. These charges may depend on your location, size, weight and quantity of product(s) ordered. Orders for multiple products may be split across multiple deliveries depending on where it was shipped from.